January 13, 2009

Siew Yee's Birthday Celebration

We celebrated SY's birthday at late night on 2 Jan.

This is her first birthday celebration in Peru. She is the youngest amongst the Singapore Team and has just turned 30 this year. Being a nice husband, and upon the request of the team, I sang my first birthday song in Cantonese to my wife. My wife smiled sweetly the whole night, I guess she was really blessed by my song..:)

I brought her out for a good lunch the next day. We wanted to take some photos, but oops..we brought the camera without the USB card. We thought never mind, we are not very photogenic people anyway.:) We then had a good time sharing the food and talking about our life in Peru. We've been married for a year. Many things have happened between both of us in the midst of working hard to grow Hope Lima. They are sweet apologies and coaxing, sour arguments and even bitter quarrels sometimes. We thought we would not have tasted marriage so differently if we were in Singapore. Church planting really adds more dimensions to our marriage and individual life. We started out wanting a purposeful marriage life for the kingdom. I guess God will never fail to fulfill such "noble" desires...haha:)

0 comments: